SUPERCRITICAL CO2 FLUID
ESSENTIAL OIL extraction machine
Supercritical CO2 extraction machines utilize SCFE (Supercritical CO2 Fluid Extraction) technology because it yields cleaner, purer extractions: for example by extraction fat and essential oil, fragrances and aromas,active substances. Medicinal plants as well as common plant substances – such as algae, fruit and vegetables, berries, herbs and spices, seeds, cereals and nuts – provide the raw materials. Supercritical CO2 extractor can even be useful for extracting harmful substances from contaminated raw materials.
CO2 ESSENTIAL OIL Extraction EQUIPMENT
Freely customize supercritical CO2 extraction machine
Extraction pressure range is 35MPa-105MPa.
Extraction capacity: laboratory scale CO2 extractor 200mL-1000mL, pilot and production scale CO2 extraction equipment 20L-180L, industrial scale CO2 extraction system 200L-9000L.
Supercritical fluid fractionation column with corresponding capacity can be customized
– PRINCIPLE –
SC-CO2 essential oil extraction
First, the solvent (such as CO2) is passed through the high-pressure pump to reach the supercritical state, above the critical temperature (31ºC) and pressure (1071 psi) becomes a supercritical fluid.
Under the supercritical state, CO2 fluid possesses the properties of a gas and a liquid and is characterised primarily by its excellent dissolving capacities, behaves much like fluid solvents similar to hexane in terms of its solubility selectivity.
This higher solubility means a highly efficient extraction. Raising the temperature and pressure of the liquid CO2 even further provides highly efficient essential oil extractions in a shorter period of time.
（As we all know, under higher CO2 density (such as 40°C and pressure higher than 20.0MPa), SC-CO2 exhibits strong solubility and lower selectivity. In fact, the extraction rate increases under high-density CO2 Mainly due to the increase of surface wax and other undesirable ingredients. ）
As it passes through the biomass, the supercritical fluid breaks down the essential oil (non-polar compounds) and dissolves them into the fluid. After the separation of plant essential oil , the pressure-reduced CO2 liquid will enter the high-pressure pump cycle again in the closed-loop system for the next extraction.
– PROCESS –
CO2 essential oil extractor
The whole process of supercritical extraction of rose essential oil
- Extraction kettle containing crushed (50-80 mesh) and dried (moisture <10%) animal and plant raw materials.
- The CO2 high-pressure pump boosts the liquid CO2 at the optimal temperature to a supercritical state and feeds it into the extraction chamber.
- SC-CO2 has the characteristics of gas and liquid, and its excellent dissolving ability dissolves the essential oil (compounds) contained in the raw materials.
- SC-CO2 is used as a solvent to carry the essential oil (solute) into the separation kettle (separtor) after depressurizing through the back pressure valve.
- In a depressurized separator, when the CO2 fluid is at the correct pressure and temperature, the essential oil is separated from the solvent.
- After the CO2 fluid is separated from the extract in the separator, it is purified by the filter and then pressurized by the high-pressure pump again through the mixer and filter purification treatment to enter the extraction kettle for reuse. This is a closed loop system.
- The essential oil (extract) descend in the separator where they are captured in a collection vessel.
Usually in fourth process we equip three separators:
- Waxes separation and Light oil separation in 1st separator;
- Light oil separation in 2nd separator;
- To trap lightest and volatile compounds in 3rd separato.
EVENT & UPDATE
essential oils CO2 exrtaction
Cinnamon oil Cinnamon oil obtained by supercritical co2 extraction of the bark, branches and leaves of Cinnamomum cassia Presl of the Lauraceae plant. It has the effects of dispelling rheumatism, warm…
Celery Seed Oil The botanical name of Celery oil by supercritical co2 extraction is Apium graveolens L. . The whole plant is used for the extraction of oil and this oil has a middle perfume note. It s…
Ambrette Seed Oil The Latin Binomial of Ambrette seed oil is Abelmoschus moschatus and the part used is the seed for supercritical Co2 fluid extraction. It has ethical growing practice and the country…
Amaranth seed oil Amaranth seed oil by supercritical co2 extraction is clear yellow oil which is nutrient rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, plant sterols, tocopherols and squalene. Amaranth seed oi…
About coleus Coleus forkskohlii belongs to the Lamiaceae – lavender family. Coleus forskohlii is a member of the mint and lavender family (lamiaceae) that has seen centuries of use in Ayurvedic medici…
Cardamom oil Cardamom oil is an essential oil, almost colorless or yellow liquid, with a characteristic spicy and camphor aroma. Insoluble in water, soluble in 70% ethanol.The relative density is 0.91…