What is the difference between juniper berry oil CO2 extract and steam distilled
ifference? Juniper Berry Oil CO2 Extract and Steam Distilled
Radiant, fresh, and bright! A vibrant bouquet of notes just like fresh juniper berries highlights this Co2 select extract.
Certified organic supercritical Co2 extraction produced this beautiful and diverse oil that can be used in both aromatherapy and natural perfume.
Therapeutically, this Juniper Berry Co2 contains a wider range of compounds compared to steam distilled Juniper Berry essential oil.
Both the Co2 select extract and pure essential oil are highly astringent and said to be excellent for acne and oily prone skin types.
Because of the broad range of compounds present in this Co2 extract it can be beneficial for addressing rheumatic pain, fluid retention, bloating, detoxification, depression and stress related conditions.
Juniper Berry is also often incorporated in massage blends for athletes or those who experience leg, feet, and general muscle cramps resulting from physical exertion.
Juniper Berry Oil
Juniper berry essential oil is an essential oil obtained by extracting the fruits of fresh and ripe juniper trees.
The essential oil of juniper berry may be light yellow or light green.
It has astringent, bactericidal and detoxifying effects, and is very suitable for treating acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
Adding a few drops of juniper berry essential oil to the hot water for soaking your feet can achieve the purpose of promoting blood circulation and meridian, and also achieve the effect of removing beriberi and foot odor.
Features of Juniper Berry Oil by Supercritical CO2 Fluid Extraction
Organic Juniper Berry Oil by Supercritical CO2 extraction select extract has a radiant, lively, penetrating woody-fruity aroma with very green and somewhat sweet undertones – the Juniper oil favored in fine perfumery with its long dry down and fine tenacity.
Juniper Berry is one of the most widely used essential oils in aromatherapy;
In the case of Juniper Berry Essential Oil by Supercritical CO2 Extraction:
- Supercritical carbon dioxide fluid acting as a solvent in the extraction process dissolves phenolic diterpenes, waxes, carotenoids, and other plant constituents, compounds that may not be present in the essential oil of Juniper Berry.
- It also allows for the extracted aromatic oil to more closely resemble the aromatic material that occurs in Juniperus communis than the essential oil distilled from the same plant.
There are more than 60 kinds of juniper, which are evergreen shrubs, which can grow up to 10 meters in height, generally about 2 meters. The trunk is red and the leaves are needle-shaped. Every three leaves are arranged in a spiral shape and will have small yellow flowers. The cones will turn from green to black or dark blue when they are mature. This is the main part of the extraction of essential oils. Although essential oils can also be extracted from tree trunks or branches and leaves, the ingredients are not good and the value is low. Juniper berry essential oil is used in aromatherapy.
Juniper berries with a dark red rind are used as a spice for making gin because of their rich bitterness and sweetness. Juniper berry tea can play a slimming role, because of its diuretic function, it is also quite effective for weight loss.
There are more than 60 kinds of juniper berry (JuniperBerry). Juniper is an evergreen shrub with yellow and small flowers. The cones will turn from green to black or dark blue when they are mature. This is the main part of the extraction of essential oil, although the trunk and The branches and leaves can also extract essential oils, but the ingredients are not good and the value is low. In aromatherapy, juniper berry essential oil is the best, not juniper essential oil.
Extraction method: supercritical CO2 extraction
80% α-pinene, β-pinene, myrcene, camphene, borneol, terpineol, etc.
Efficacy and effect
Effect on the skin
- A good helper for oily skin with clogged pores, especially helpful for the permeability of facial skin.
- Deep cleansing and purifying, it is quite effective in treating pimples and pimples, and it is also good against cellulite.
- Astringent, sterilization and detoxification, very suitable for the treatment of acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Adding a few drops of juniper berry essential oil to the hot water for soaking your feet can achieve the purpose of invigorating the blood and collaterals, and can also achieve the effect of removing beriberi and foot odor.
Juniper berry essential oil can also be used as cosmetics. It can be directly applied to the surface of human skin, expands pores, cleans the skin deeply, and regulates oil secretion. It can make human skin smooth, tender and elastic, and make the skin texture obvious. Good, but when using juniper berry essential oil as cosmetics, it is best to add it to creams or other cosmetics, mix thoroughly and use it, which is conducive to the absorption and utilization of juniper berry essential oil by the skin.
- Aromatherapy: Dropping 3-4 drops of juniper berry essential oil in an aromatherapy lamp or an aromatherapy furnace can relieve the pain of premenstrual syndrome, purify the air and stimulate the spirit.
- Bathing: Pour 5 drops of juniper berry essential oil into the water in the bathtub about eighth full. After stirring, the essential oil will evenly spread in the water. It has the function of detoxification. When the body accumulates too much waste, it will feel heavy and tired. After bathing, it can help restore vitality and relieve menstrual pain.
- Massage: Add 5 drops of juniper berry essential oil to 10ml of base oil, gently massage the skin, improve edema, and temporarily relieve the painful symptoms of arthritis and rheumatism.
- Cold compress/hot compress: 1 drop of juniper berry essential oil, put it in a basin of cold/hot water and use a towel as a cold compress or hot compress to regulate the oil secretion of Chemicalbook and improve acne, acne and other problems.
GRAS (FEMA; FDA, §182.20, 2000). LD506280mg/kg (rat, oral).
FEMA (mg/kg): soft drinks 32; cold drinks 1.9; sweets 4.3; baked goods 11; puddings 0.01; gums 0.10; wines 95; meat products 20.
Colorless to slightly greenish or yellowish volatile essential oil, with special needle leaf aroma and aromatic bitter and spicy taste. It tends to polymerize during long-term storage. It is quite stable to weak acids and organic acids. It is soluble in ethanol, amyl alcohol, most non-volatile oils and mineral oils, but insoluble in water, glycerin and propylene glycol.